Safety Light curtains ILCT
Function descriptionTLCT/ILCT safety light curtains each comprise two components: Light transmitter and light receiver. The clearance between these two components and the installation height determine the width and height of the protective field (Figure 5/1). Modular design permits realization of protective field heights ranging from 100 mm to 1500 mm in 100-mm steps.
The transmitter generates infrared light beams in rapid pulses. These parallel light beams are analyzed by two single-chip controllers in the transmitter.
The beam spacing determines the resolution. If an object enters the protective field, i.e. if at least one light beam is interrupted, the receiver's two outputs stop the machine or prevent it from starting, thus avoiding hazards.
In the restart with interlock operating mode, the machine can only be restarted by means of the start button once the protective field has been cleared again.
Areas of application:
- Wood processing machines.
- packaging machines.
- Textile machine.
- storing and materials-handling technology.
- Automatic placement machines.
- revolving machines.
- Palleting machines
- Integrated control-unit with contactor control and restart can be programmed without a PC.
- Contactor/valves directly connectablly, switching capacity 0,5A/24V.
- Smallest safety distances by short response times 4 ms to 29 ms, depending of the protection high.
- Finger and hand protection with up to 5m protective width(resolution 14 mm and 30 mm).
- Protection heights from 100mm to 1500 mm in steps of 100 mm.
- Microcontroller monitoring of the safety functions (self-monitored).
- Semiconductor outputs with short-circuit and crossconnection monitoring.
- Integrated self-diagnosis with a fault indication by 7-digit display.
- Optional safety switchgears permit muting and clocked operation.
- Direct connection via M12 connector.
- Compact design 25 x 35 mm w/ flexible fastening by tenon blocks and protection category IP 65.
The light curtain correspond to the following safety regulations:
Safety Integrity Level SIL 1 (IEC 61508)
Performance Level PL e (ISO 13849-1)
Safety category cat. 2 (EN 954-1)