Pressbrake Safety System AKAS®-II
Area of application
- Innovative finger guarding system for pressbrakes by following LASER optical safety light grids in front of the tool.
- Finger guard works during the foot pedal controlled bending process => hands remain free for the operation with the slug.
- Increase of productivity due to programmable adaptation of the AKAS® II to the individual overrun traverses of the machine.
- Short change-over times due to all-automatic change-over to other tool sizes.
- Press brake guarding.
- Shears with pressure pad.
- Blanking presses.
The Pressbrake safety System AKAS meets the safety requirements of category 4 according to EN 954 and prEN 61496, and the most recent requirements of prEN 12622.
Safety integrity level SIL 3 (IEC 61508)
Performance Level PL e (ISO 13849-1)
Safety category Kat 4 (EN 954-1)